Thursday, April 21, 2011

A tale of two Leica's

Last weekend, I had a very pleasant tasting of Portuguese wines at Vagabond Wines in Fulham when I got chatting to another customer who was from Denmark and turned out to be a Cognitive Neuroscientist and we of course ended chatting about photography as I spied he had a Leica D-Lux 4. Finding out that I was a photographer, he asked that I take a few snaps of him with it and later having sent to me jpgs back from Denmark I was blown away by the results. What I liked about this camera, was the really intelligent face recgnition focusing software, the good LCD screen, easy controls and quiet shutter and the astounding quality of the resulting jpgs.
You can see two of the pictures here and all five that I took, each interpreted twice in a slideshow. Jon Wegener is a partner in Cogency a consultancy the works to improve organisational judgement and decision making.
This morning I went as usual to my 6.30 to 8.30am BNI Notting Hill networking breakfast and took along my Leica M9 with Noctilux F1.0 50mm and Elmarit F2.8 135mm lenses to take pictures for a new website we will be developing.







Using only available light whilst members networked and took part in the 18 step agenda, the two lenses worked their magic, whilst the unobtrusiveness of the camera and its near silent shutter meant i photographed everyone as they were. With both lenses working fully open the bokeh and quality of light was wonderful to behold.
You can see more of the pictures in a slideshow

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by stefan lubo at Thursday, April 21, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home