Thursday, May 03, 2007

London 2012 Olympics development

On May 5th I am attending another London Independent Photography workshop, this time on reportage photography given by Brian Harris, who has asked us to photograph "progress" on the 2012 Olympics development.

So far I have walked round the Olympic Park South Walk which borders the development, taking photos which I show in a slideshow. For someone who lives in West London and who thinks East London is an industrial landscape, my trip to the Lea Valley was a revelation with lots of greenery and wildlife, mixed in with dereliction and new developments. The fishermen I came across had recently caught 12 & 1/2 lb Bream!

As you will see, one can't really see any development going on, apart from the odd crane or machine, so I will keep trying to gain access to the works themselves up to the last minute!.



Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by stefan lubo at Thursday, May 03, 2007

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out gamesmonitor.org.uk

3:44 am  
Blogger Joanne Hartley said...

thanks for my comment! It's very nice to hear your appreciation...

Have you got any pics you think my writing style might be suited to? An image that tells a story?

Maybe we could do a blog collaboration.

10:44 am  
Blogger Kay Richardson said...

I like your pix. What's the girl running from? Did you have a gun?

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home